Friday 4 March 2016

EXPERIMENTATION WITH MARBLE INK

Here is some experimentation with marble ink. I enjoy using marble ink as it can create such a crazy array of colour and pattern. Expensive to experiment with so its difficult to get much practice with it. I find it to be very touch and go as you print it off using water and shape it in water so its hard to control the direction of the ink but colour selection is vital, this is where the colour theory lectures really aid the design process as you want the correct colours that are complimentary to the design direction. 



Here I worked with green mainly infused with red and blue and white however it was important use measure the level of these colours that I should use because I did not want it to over shadow the overall colour scheme, I think its important to have one underlining colour (background) in this piece so I went with green stock, and I like the results.


Here is another which is far lighter in colour scheme... 


This is probably my favourite out of all of the following experimentations, I think the baby blue, pink and yellow compliment each other massively, to create a page that is effortlessly simplistic in its approach but incredibly detailed if you analyse in depth. 



The last two designs were left last purposely as I believe I did not achieve the correct colour scheme of course it is very much touch and go but you have a certain degree of control and say in the design, overall I wasn't happy with the colour schemes. The orange and yellow is just too sore on the eyes, the blending was all off. As for the last one I actually really liked the design whilst curating however I foolishly decided to flick some purple dashes onto the page, I thought at the time would blend well with the overall inking however it did not work.


I enjoy this type of design process, it may be touch and go however it is practice and the more experimentations I undergo the better the results are, I am not done with marble ink yet I think I still need to explore the medium a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment