Sunday 7 May 2017

WEAKNESS IN MY PRACTICE

Level 4 took time to adjust too, the amount of briefs kept piling up I wasn't used to trying to manage this level of work-load in such a short period of time. Analysing my main drawbacks  from last year, the recurring issues really came down to my failures in time management. Not booking vital printing sessions can be used as an example, as this delayed the overall completion time of my hand-in, by not prioritising tasks certain parts of the production process had to be held back. 

This year certain plans will be made before even starting a brief. I will achieve this using my knowledge in Business Studies. I will use a tool used in business and include it in my own individual practice. Critical path analysis is a project management tool that uses network analysis to help manage complex time-sensitive operations. I see no reason why I cannot use this method. The essential concept behind Critical Path Analysis is that you cannot start some activities until others are finished. These activities need to be completed in a sequence, with each stage being more-or-less completed before the next stage can begin. These are 'sequential' activities.

Critical Path Analysis is an effective and powerful method of assessing:
  • What tasks must be carried out.
  • Where parallel activity can be performed.
  • The shortest time in which you can complete a project.
  • Resources needed to execute a project.
  • The sequence of activities, scheduling and timings involved.
  • Task priorities.
  • The most efficient way of shortening time on urgent projects.
This is the most efficient way of making sure I am managing time effectively and producing the best quality of work I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment