Sunday 7 May 2017

PPP EVALUATION

Overall PPP has been a learning curve in my development as a creative. I'm finding presentations much easier than before I started at LCA, still not quite 100% but progressing well. 

The most influential to my learning was communicating with professionals. I thought it was a good decision to pick an interviewee in the industry that has a good understanding of graphic design, this way I could learn elements relevant to my studies. The other was more of a success story and seeing how he broke out into his industry and worked his way to the top. I do not believe a job title differs in the sense of what people look for when employing a recruit, and the behaviour and traits needed to become successful. It also helped in creating awareness of the requirements to prepare for self employment. Communicating within the industry and creating links will be a vital stage throughout my career. It does not even matter if this is Graphic Design, learning to communicate with professionals in your industry is knowledge that can vary in any job role, it is an important trait to have and it should be exercised on a constant basis. I am glad this brief enabled me to get my foot in the door. 

A negative I would take from this brief is not having enough time to manage this brief personally to the standards I would have liked. With the way the course is structured there does not leave much time to produce your own personal work. I know this has been a year set brief however with all the other briefs taking priority due to their deadlines, I did not focus as much on PPP as I should have. Which is a shame because it could have probably been my favourite submission if I had enough time. I enjoy independent ways of working, similarly to Responsive as it was really about taking control of your own briefs and learning. 






No comments:

Post a Comment