Sunday 7 May 2017

CREATIVE REPORT EVALUATION

CREATIVE REPORT:

The plan was to set up 2 interviews, one was an insurance choice so in the eventuality one does not respond, a back-up option is still available. Luckily both responded, each to their own merit and specific purpose.

The interview with Leif was based more on a creative stand-point. Being a huge admirer of his work and style. This interview was based on learning about him and his progression as a creative, providing much insightful knowledge.

The purpose for the interview with my cousin Sonny was less to do with creative concerns but more based on how he achieved such a successful career, and the attributes employers look for in order to attain a higher prestige. This interview ties in with what was mentioned in Studio Brief 03. Mentioning how in the future, after studies the plan would be to use the skills learnt in this course, as well as my knowledge in Business Studies to go on and experiment in many creative disciplines in an entrepreneurial type role. 

It was important to research into previous interviews before drafting the questions, as the questions need to be specific to my progression and knowledge as an individual but also select questions that are unique that only the interviewee could answer and differ from questions you could already find on the internet. For example there were many questions I wanted to ask Leif more specific to my progressional needs as a creative but you could find the answers from other interviews from Dazed and Mind Melt. 

Leif’s interview taught me valuable information. A lot was on the basis of me ‘fan-girling’ and having a genuine interest in his work. But some has aided me on how to proceed with Level 06. Instead of focusing on what everyone else is doing, look away from Pinterest and Behance and try and create something unique and individual. It was also inspiring to see what his future endeavours were in relation to his product portfolio, and his plans to merge into new creative disciplines and increase his production line, this is the entreprenerial element I am interested in and look to pursue after Level 06.   

Sonny’s interview overall set my mind at ease. With university coming to an end soon the reality of deciding what to do is creeping closer. Sonny’s knowledge has enabled me to be more confident and look forward to this stage of my life. The responses were very motivating and taught me the values and behaviour needed to work in his industry.  He will be a valuable contact moving forward with the amount of connections he has, which is something also mentioned in Studio Brief 03, that I believe is essential to the essence of PPP and also finding a career. It’s not what you know, but who you know.  




No comments:

Post a Comment